CWLS provides the latest surgical treatments for safe and effective weight loss.
Laparoscopic Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
The Roux en Y gastric bypass is a very good, time proven weight loss operation. It has been in existence for over 50 years and has proven long term weight loss. The operation is a key hole procedure that converts the stomach from a 2 litre capacity to a 30ml small pouch by dividing the upper part of the stomach. To enhance weight loss a loop of small bowel is connected to the pouch and then a further second bowel connection allows bile and pancreatic fluid to drain to the bypassed bowel. The remainder of the stomach is left behind. An average excess body weight loss of 75% one year after surgery
- Rapid weight loss as hunger and satiety control is instantaneous. Most people approach goal weight by 12 months.
- Has been proven to be effective in the long-term with good data out beyond 20 years
- Has a powerful ability to resolve or markedly improve Type 2 Diabetes even before patient is discharge home on the second day after surgery
- Has "dumping syndrome" which helps people avoid bad foods(fat and sugar) and encourages the eating of healthy food
- Is an excellent operation to treat both obesity and severe gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Some long-term complications can occur such as stomach ulcers and internal hernias
- Lifelong mineral and vitamin supplementation is essential
© Copyright 2019 Christchurch Weight Loss Surgery | Website by Plato Creative